In seeking to participate in Club organized competitions / practices / rides / events (hereinafter referred to as “activities) for the sport of cycling.
You herby acknowledge, agree and represent that:
- You voluntarily assume the risk inherent in taking part in the activity or sport known as cycling and you, together with my heirs, executors and administrators hereby release and indemnify the club known as Rustenburg Cycling Club their staff, officials, members and volunteers from any duty or care towards me/us or me/ our minor children and from liability from all or any claim arising out of my participation in the sport, irrespective of whether such claim/s arose thru the negligence of any person, or from any of the risks, dangers, or hazards inherent to the sport or activity known as cycling.
- You understand the nature of the activities conducted by Rustenburg Cycling Club and that you are qualified, your general health is good and you are in proper physical condition to participate in such activity.
- You acknowledge that many cycling activities conducted by the Rustenburg Cycling Club will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public and upon which the hazards of traveling are to be expected.
- You agree and warrant that if, at any time, you believe conditions to be unsafe, you will immediately discontinue further participation.
- You fully understand the risks and dangers of serious bodily injury involved in such cycling activities. That such risks may be caused by your own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of other participants or non-participants
- You undertake to ensure that you will at all times during such activities will equipped yourself with all necessary safety equipment.
- You undertake to follow all rules and regulations of the club for each of the activities.
You have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that you have given up substantial rights by accepting it, and have accepted it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.